Stampede Survival Guide: Fashion Tips from 27 Boutique
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Stampede is the one time of year that all Calgarians release their inner cowboy/girl - but don't get me wrong, country can still be trendy. To help you look your best this week, the girls at 27 Boutique have provided us with some quick and easy fashion tips to ensure both comfort and style on the grounds.
Follow this advice for a look that's straight off the runway onto the midway.
For the ladies:
1) Dress for whatever weather Calgary might throw at you! Wear a tee or tank under a plaid shirt - if the weather is hot, wrap the plaid around your waist. Then when it cools off at night, your plaid shirt can double as a jacket.
2) If cowboy boots aren't your thing, swap them out for cute ankle booties. They still flow with the western vibe, but are usually more comfy & keep your feet a lot cooler.
3) Plaid isn't a necessity! Wearing a cute vintage style band tee or graphic tee with your fave cutoff shorts & cowboy boots or booties is a great way to mix up your Stampede wardrobe.
4) Grab a sundress from your closet, pair it with cowboy boots or booties and a cowboy hat, and you've got a super easy breezy look for Stampede!
5) Accessorize! Add a belt - a vintage style buckle or double buckle belt are great picks. Layer some necklaces - we love wrap necklaces or layering a choker style necklace with a longer style. Then top your look off with a cowboy hat - a stampede staple that will keep you safe from the sun.
For the gents:
1) Plaid for the win! Throwing on a plaid shirt is a super easy way to create a little stampede style without going all out.
2) If you're not a fan of plaid, or want to stay a little cooler, wear a henley style t-shirt with your fave jeans and a pair of cowboy boots
3) Add a belt to your look! When it comes to Stampede, the bigger the buckle, the better.
4) Rock a Canadian Tuxedo! Denim on denim is a great Stampede look, and most guys have a denim button down in their closet. Just make sure your shirt is a lighter shade of denim than your jeans, and you're good to go.
5) Don't feel like you have to go overboard! Pair a white t-shirt with jeans & a cowboy hat - a simple style perfect for Stampede.
27 Boutique is located at 1510 17th Ave SW. Check out the store or visit their website to shop sweet styles all summer long.