INSTAGRAM INFLUENCER | MOTHERMAYIBAKE
Date Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018
A local Calgarian, big sports fan and major foodie, Nada Choufi shares her love of food through the blog MotherMayIBake. Focusing on healthy, nutritious eating; her speciality food is dips and creates hummus right here in YYC.
1. What do you do in your spare time? Favourite Calgary past-time or activity?
I love hitting the mountains. Winter we can snowboard on the best mountains (they're so close), or take a summer stroll in Canmore. A mountain getaway is the most therapeutic trip!
2. What do you think is the biggest surprise about Calgary for anyone who isn’t familiar with the city?
There's so much more to Calgary than oil and gas. The economy has helped blossom many entrepreneurs and family-aspired businesses, bringing back some much-needed family time and opportunity for Calgarians.
You'll also find beautiful scenery, great food and wonderful culture.
3. How has the city influenced who you are?
The art-of-food in Calgary has been around long before I ever moved here, and I've always aspired to be part of it. If it was not for Calgary distributing my hummus all over the city and supporting one of its own, I have no idea what I'd be doing!
4. Where do you take friends and family when they visit?
Stephen Ave. A great walk with scenery, shopping and food.
5. Any tips or advice for Calgary newcomers or those considering a move to Calgary?
You will get out of the city what you put into it. So be patient, but enjoy the ride.
Want to become an Instagram Influencer and contribute to lifeincalgary? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
City goals: find fun in whatever I do